Early Voting starts Saturday 10/29- but wait, there’s more…
There is more on the ballot this election besides voting all Row B on the Republican line. After you do that, flip over the ballot. There is a proposal on the back.
ABSTRACT OF PROPOSAL NUMBER ONE, A PROPOSITION
CLEAN WATER, CLEAN AIR, AND GREEN JOBS Environmental Bond Act of 2022
The purpose of this proposal is to authorize the creation of state debt and the sale of state bonds in the amount of up to four billion two hundred million dollars ($4,200,000,000) for certain capital projects for the purpose of making environmental improvements that preserve, enhance, and restore New York's natural resources and reduce the impact of climate change. If approved, the proposal would allow the State to borrow up to $4,200,000,000 to provide funding for capital projects for the following: restoration and flood risk reduction (at least $1,100,000,000), open space land conservation and recreation (up to $650,000,000), climate change mitigation (up to $1,500,000,000), and water quality improvement and resilient infrastructure (at least $650,000,000).
The proposal also would allow the State to refund the debt to take advantage of lower interest rates if the opportunity arises. To accomplish this, the proposal authorizes the State Comptroller to issue additional state bonds in sums up to or exceeding the amount of the bonds initially issued to refund, to advance refund, or otherwise to repay part or all of such bonds prior to the scheduled dates of their maturity.
MORE DEBT FOR NY STATE, the devil is in the details. - VOTE NO!
Early Voting locations and times:
- Saturday, Oct. 29, 2022 from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 30, 2022 from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 31, 2022 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2022 from noon until 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2022 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 3, 2022 from noon until 8 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 4, 2022 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 5, 2022 from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 6, 2022 from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Westchester County Early Voting Centers- *Please check back periodically as some locations may be subject to change*
- Eastchester Public Library, 11 Oakridge Place, Eastchester, NY 10709
- Hastings-On-Hudson Public Library, 7 Maple Avenue, Hastings-On-Hudson, NY 10706
- Greenburgh Town Hall, 177 Hillside Avenue, White Plains, NY 10607
- St. Gregory The Great Church, 215 Halstead Avenue, Harrison, NY 10528
- Mamaroneck Town Center, 740 W. Boston Post Road, Mamaroneck, NY 10543
- Mt. Kisco Public Library, 100 E. Main Street, Mt. Kisco, NY 10549
- Mt. Pleasant Community Center, 125 Lozza Drive, Valhalla, NY 10595
- Joseph G. Caputo Community Center, 95 Broadway, Ossining, NY 10562
- Pound Ridge Town House, 179 Westchester Avenue, Pound Ridge, NY 10576
- Rye Brook Firehouse, 940 King Street, Rye Brook, NY 10573
- Somers Town House, 335 Route 202, Somers, NY 10589
- Jefferson Village Annex, 3480 Hill Boulevard, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
- Yorktown Cultural Center, 1974 Commerce Street, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
- Doles Center, 250 S. 6th Avenue, Mt. Vernon, NY 10550
- Mt. Vernon City Hall, 1 Roosevelt Square, Mt. Vernon, NY 10550
- New Rochelle City Hall Annex, 90 Beaufort Place, New Rochelle, NY 10801
- New Rochelle United Methodist Church, 1200 North Avenue, New Rochelle, NY 10804
- Peekskill Lincoln Depot Visitor Center, 10 S. Water Street, Peekskill, NY 10566
- Peekskill Neighborhood Center, 4 Nelson Avenue, Peekskill, NY 10566
- Westchester County Board of Elections, 25 Quarropas Street, White Plains, NY 10601
- Grinton I. Will Library, 1500 Central Park Avenue, Yonkers, NY 10710
- Nodine Hill Community Center, 140 Fillmore Street, Yonkers, NY 10701
- Yonkers Riverfront Library, One Larkin Center, Yonkers, NY 10701