North Salem Conservation Advisory Council seeks youth member
The North Salem Conservation Advisory Council (CAC) is looking for a North Salem high school student to serve as a committee volunteer.
The CAC board consists of seven members appointed by the North Salem Town Board; it advises the Town Board on environmental matters and serves as an advocate for the environment. The CAC reviews all wetland and land disturbance applications as well as all subdivisions and site plan applications before the Planning Board. Individual members serve two-year terms.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Attend monthly CAC Meetings scheduled on the second Wednesday of each month to
commence at 7PM EST for ~1 hour
• Actively participate in meeting with thoughts and ideas on topics presented and discussed e.g.
inspection sites, meetings, etc.
• Actively participate in establishing and planning CAC priorities and agenda
• On occasion, attend Town Planning Board Meetings
• On occasion, participate in CAC Events e.g. table at NSOLF Race for Open Space, RKML Library
Fair, Garden Projects (1-2 per year)
• Liaison with NS High School Environmental Group
• Participate in the occasional on-line sessions i.e. Sustainable Westchester or other CAC related
• Interest in conservation and the environment
• Strong communication skills with ability and willingness to share thoughts and
• North Salem High School student under the age of 18 when position starts
• Position will start in September and continue for one year
• Student must be in good standing at the High School
• Youth Member will not have the authority to vote on CAC matters
• CAC is a voluntary organization, this will be a non-paid role without any benefits
• This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change if
necessary. The Town of North Salem is an equal opportunity employer and therefore
encourages all genders, races, and identities to apply
• This open position posting will remain active until the role is filled
Interested applicants should send your resume and cover letter in one PDF document to Virginia Connolly, email@example.com