Your complete guide to North Salem High School’s Homecoming Weekend
Homecoming weekend: it’s as much a marker of fall in North Salem as the cool, crisp mornings, the apple pickers and the crunch of the falling leaves.
The North Salem High School athletic department, in cooperation with the North Salem Athletic Booster Club, has planned a full slate of events for Homecoming weekend. Festivities kick off at 1:30 p.m. on Friday with a pep rally at Tompkins Field for North Salem High School students. From there, it’s non-stop action through early Saturday evening.
New this year is a Homecoming dance for students in grades 9 - 12. Lynn Zoubok, co-president of the Booster Club, which is sponsoring the dance, said that some North Salem varsity athletes and seniors had requested it. Seventeen recently wrote that the dance is the “piéce de résistance of any school’s homecoming.”
“We think it’s a great way to get all the students involved, not just the athletes,” Zoubok said.
Read on for your complete guide to Homecoming Weekend.
The big question on many people’s minds as Homecoming approaches is whether the weather will cooperate. This year the forecast is a gem - abundant sunshine and summer-like temperatures are expected for both Friday and Saturday. Fans and family members should come prepared; dress for a summer day and don’t forget the sunglasses and sunscreen.
Friday: Sunny, high near 73
Saturday: Sunny, high near 80
Schedule of Events
- 1:30 p.m. - Pep rally at Tompkins Field, Students in grades 9 - 12 and their parents are invited.
- 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Dodgeball tournament at the high school gym hosted by the Student Council. Students in grades 9 - 12 are invited.
- 7:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. - Homecoming dance at the high school gym hosted by the North Salem Athletic Booster Club. Students in grades 9 - 12 are invited. Dress code casual.
Junior varsity and varsity soccer, field hockey and volleyball teams will take the field (or court) throughout the day on Saturday. The first game kicks off at 10:00 a.m. and the last at 4:00 p.m. Approximately thirty minutes prior to each varsity contest, the Booster Club will take a few minutes to honor each senior athlete with their parents. “We would love for everyone to come out to support our athletes,” Zoubok said.
- 10:00AM: JV Boys Soccer vs. Alexander Hamilton - Tompkins
- 12:00PM: JV Girls Soccer vs. Westlake - Tompkins
- 12:00PM: V Field Hockey vs. Yorktown - HS Field Hockey Field (senior day)
- 1:00PM: V Volleyball vs. Rye Neck - HS Gym (senior day)
- 2:00PM: V Boys Soccer vs. Putnam Valley - Tompkins (senior day)
- 2:30PM: JV Volleyball vs. Rye Neck - HS Gym
- 4:00PM: V Girls Soccer vs. Westlake - Tompkins (senior day)
On Saturday, parking will be restricted to the school parking lots only. There will be no parking permitted at Tompkins Field. The Booster Club will have volunteers directing traffic at the lots and collecting optional cash donations for parking. Proceeds benefit North Salem’s student athletes.
Food & Refreshments
The Booster Club, aided by school community volunteers, will offer food and drinks for sale throughout the day on Saturday from the snack stand at Tompkins Field.